We are excited to transition to a new computer operating system on October 1. We have been training and working hard behind the scenes so that we can have a successful implementation without disruption to your business. We have embraced technology for two reasons: to serve our customers better and to be more efficient. Here are a few enhancements that we hope will give you a better experience with our company:
- Our statements will be consolidated, showing your purchase from ZCS, ZTC, ZLD or ZLS on one statement.
- We will have the ability to provide you on-line access to your account.
- We will have the ability to email your statements and invoices.
- Our inventory accuracy will be much improved with a new warehouse management system. This will help us assist you with accurate product quantity information.
- Our customer pick up process will be much improved allowing you to place an order and have it ready in our yard when you arrive at the yard. This should decrease the time in the customer pick up process.
- We will have better access to shipping information and route information (with gps enabled trucks) for quicker and more accurate information to you.
- Our ability to research and look up orders will be much improved allowing us to better serve you. We will also have increased reporting ability.
Our official “go-live” day is October 1. However, we have some preparation to do before we are running on the new system. Here is how this will impact you:
- Thursday, September 27 is the last day on our current system. All orders for Friday delivery will need to be submitted by 2:00pm Thursday. Orders will be pulled and invoiced Thursday afternoon and delivered Friday.
- Friday, September 28 we will be open for business but there will be no inventory movement. We have to transfer all the information from the old to the new system and perform a complete inventory. Remember, deliveries will be made on Friday for what is ordered by 2:00pm Thursday. However, there will be no new deliveries created Friday for Friday delivery and there will be no customer pick-ups. We cannot have material leave our Zeeland yards on Friday. We are open to review bids, make products selections, place orders for future; just no inventory movement. We can have customer pick-ups in our yards on Clay Ave in Wyoming (Zeeland Truss and Components) and our concepts store in Hamilton, but not in Zeeland.
- Saturday, September 29, we will have normal store hours. We will be entering orders and pulling orders on the new system for Monday deliveries so that Monday is back to business as usual; only better.
It is our hope that there are no disruptions to your business during this transition and we will do whatever we can to accommodate your needs. We are very excited for this new system and truly believe you will benefit in many ways as our customer.
Thanks, and please don’t hesitate to call me with any questions, concerns or issues. I can be reached by phone at 616-879-1158.