Location: Zeeland, MI
Job Title: Cabinet Sales & Design Rep FLSA Status: Non-Exempt plus commission
Department: Cabinet Sales Reports to: VP of Business Development
Summary: Cabinet Sales & Design Rep is responsible for serving Zeeland Lumber’s customers. Its purpose is to design, promote, price, and sell cabinets, countertops, and other building products to existing and new clients. It will include meeting with walk-in customers, talking with phone-in customers, and occasional job-site visits. Participate and contribute to company goals and strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers as they enter our showroom
- Writing up / quoting walk-in and phone-in customers’ orders
- Assisting customers with pricing, product and delivery status information
- Engaging in customers’ projects
- Asking questions to qualify customer needs
- Cabinet and countertop quoting using 20/20 software, blue-prints and/or other information given by customers
- Identify product brand and specs. with customers
- Returning project quotes in a timely manner (based on customer need)
- Jobsite visits and measures as needed
- Following up on customer requests and possible orders
- Network with internal departments (trusses, windows, doors, trim, roofing, siding, ZCS, etc.) to actively promote, provide quotes, and present work to customers.
- Continual responsibility of being a cooperative resource to customers and fellow employees
- Pricing responsibility on special order products—gross margin accountability
- Commit to continual education and training on product and sales development.
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts in a professional manner and in a timely fashion for customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge and everyday use of technology including but not limited to 20/20, email, phones, internet, MS Word, MS Excel, BisTrack, & ADP
- Attend HBA events or other sales and networking events as necessary or assigned.
- Reach established sales goals as set by management
- General knowledge on all of Zeeland Lumber’s products
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Product knowledge, building industry knowledge, and ability to perform material take-off on projects.
- Willing to work from any of our locations.
- Ability to learn and grow as industry changes.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Commitment to company values.
Education / Training / Experience
- Preferable interior design degree
- Two years interior design experience
- Two years experience in sales in related field
- Proficient in 2020 cabinetry design software
Reporting to this Position: No direct reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the President reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.