Location: Zeeland, MI
Job Title: Field Service Technician I FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Window Service Reports to: Branch Manager
Summary: Field Service Technician is a mobile repair or assessment technician who travels to a site to troubleshoot equipment/product issues. Technician’s job is to repair and maintain all makes and models of a windows, doors, garage doors & operators. Assist in custom Millwork shop using power tools. Other product categories may be added at discretion of supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Assist in custom Millwork shop using power tools such as planers, sander, belt sander, jig saw, table saw, band saw, portable drills, drill press
- Shop customer service and processing credits
- Insure that safety policies and practices, concerning vehicles, tools and equipment are complied with.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Knowledge of residential construction and the ability to use hand tools is desired. Must be able to work from ladders and scaffolding, and work well unsupervised.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Ability to listen, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to plan projects and work independently.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Commitment to company values. Maintain confidentiality and focus on quality
Education / Training / Experience
- High School graduate required, some college preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have 3 years of experience with installation, service, and repair.
- Qualified candidates will possess 1-2 years of related education and/or experience, particularly in the area of building materials or construction.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
Reporting to this Position: No direct Reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the ZCS Division Manager reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.