Location: Mishawaka, IN
Job Title: Project Coordinator / Estimator FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Sales Reports to: VP of Sales
Project Coordinator / Estimator is responsible for serving customers in an engaging way. Its purpose is to promote customer service for both external and internal customers. It will include assisting walk-in customers, talking with phone-in customers, purchase order entry, material receiving, answering phones, scheduling, compiling data and creating reports. Accurately estimate projects for a variety of customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers as they enter our Sales office
- Assist customers with pricing, order, product and delivery status information
- Schedule some customer deliveries in coordination with dispatch
- Provide accurate building material take-off, estimating, value engineering and providing solutions to homeowner, contractor and/or house accounts as required
- Accurately create/process customer sales orders/changes and deliveries according to established department policies and procedures to ensure successful interaction with operations (On-time/Complete)
- Assist with price and account reconciliations between builders and accounts receivable
- Partner with sales team to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations
- Network with internal departments to actively promote, provide quotes, and present to customers. This would include trusses, windows, doors, trim, roofing, siding, cabinetry, ZCS, etc.
- Assist VP of Sales with requested reports.
- Organize proposals and create project pricing.
- Provide engineering support and solutions for all staff and walk-in customers
- Network with internal departments to actively promote, provide quotes, and present to customers. This would include trusses, windows, doors, trim, roofing, siding, ZCS, etc.
- Commit to continual education and training on product, sales development and estimating.
- Follow up on potential projects and provide feedback as necessary.
- Comply with company policies as it relates to procedures, reporting.
- Accurately enter quotes and orders with all information needed to ensure successful interaction with operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend various HBA/sales/networking events as needed.
- Assist accounts as assigned by VP of Sales.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge and everyday use of technology including but not limited to email, phones, internet, MS Word, MS Excel, BisTrack, WMS, & ADP
- Detail oriented & Self-motivation
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills with ability to solve problems
- Product knowledge, building industry knowledge, and ability to perform material take-off on projects.
- Ability to learn and grow as industry changes.
- Excellent listening skills and interpersonal communication skills.
Education / Training / Experience
- Associate Degree in related field is preferred
- Experience in the Building Industry
- Heart for the customer and their needs.
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the VP of Sales reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time.