Location: Zeeland, MI
Job Title: Receptionist / Admin FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Customer Care Reports to: Branch Manager
Summary: Receptionist is responsible for serving Zeeland Lumber’s customers in an engaging way. Its purpose is to promote customer service for both external and internal customers. It will include assisting walk-in customers, talking with phone-in customers, answering phones, and general customer care. Participate and contribute to company goals and strategic plan.
Receptionist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers as they enter our office/showroom
- Answer phones
- Assist customers with pricing, order, product and delivery status information
- Process customer sales orders/changes and deliveries according to established department policies and procedures
- Process customer returns according to established department policies and procedures
- Partner with sales reps to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations
- Working knowledge and everyday use of technology including but not limited to email, phones, internet, MS Word, MS Excel, BisTrack, & ADP
- Perform other related duties as assigned such as answering phones
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Leadership and organizational abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Ability to solve problems
Personal characteristics/behavior that contribute to the ability to do your job well:
- Respect for employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Respect for the Organization and its information
- Willingness to serve the customer
- Teamwork mentality
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a cooperative manner with customers, co-workers, vendors & management.
Education / Training / Experience
- High School degree a minimum
- Experience in the Building Industry
- Heart for the customer and their needs.
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the Branch Manager reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.