Location: Zeeland, MI
Job Title: Service & Parts Coordinator FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Window / Exterior Door Reports to: Specialty Product Sales Coordinator
Summary: Service & Parts Coordinator is responsible for serving Zeeland Lumber’s customers in service and parts coordination. Its purpose is to enhance sales and service in the windows, exterior doors, and cabinet departments. It will include meeting with walk-in customers and talking with phone-in customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately enter quotes and orders with all information needed to ensure successful interaction with operations.
- Receive and process incoming internal parts orders. Notify co-workers of the receipt of the parts and when necessary, schedule the service appointment in which parts are to be installed
- Collect and process payments for window/door service calls
- Maintain an accurate inventory of window service parts; reporting this data to outside suppliers as requested
- Maintain an accurate inventory of select window and exterior door stock items
- Greeting customers as they enter our office/showroom
- Writing up walk-in and phone-in customers’ orders
- Assisting customers with product, delivery, and service status information
- Coordinate installations & perform scheduling and paperwork for installed overhead garage doors & window service.
- Assist with scheduling work crews to meet customer’s schedule, and coordinating the material/labor.
- Engaging in customers’ projects
- Asking questions to qualify customer needs
- Identify product brand and specs. with customers
- Returning project information in a timely manner (based on customer need)
- Following up on customer requests and possible orders
- Continual responsibility of being a cooperative resource to customers and fellow employees
Qualifications / Requirements
- Excellent time management including but not limited to excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, manage multiple priorities, work logically and systematically, etc.
- Working knowledge and everyday use of technology including but not limited to email, phones, internet, MS Word, MS Excel, BisTrack, WMS, & ADP
- Problem solving skills and the ability to offer creative solutions.
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change.
- Excellent listening skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive attitude to continued learning and continual improvement.
Education / Training / Experience
- High School degree a minimum
- Experience in the Building Industry
- Knowledge of blueprints
Personal characteristics/behavior that contribute to the ability to do your job well:
- Respect for employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Respect for the Organization and its information
- Willingness to serve the customer
- Teamwork mentality
- Product & building industry knowledge.
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Most of the job will be performed within the office environment, specifically at a desk and on the showroom floor. There will be occasional need to go to the warehouse and actual job-sites for deliveries or customer sales calls.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the Specialty Product Sales Coordinator reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.