Location: Zeeland, MI
Job Title: CDL-A / Truck Loader FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Delivery Reports to: 2nd shift Yard Lead
Summary: Truck Loader is a general warehouse labor job and is responsible for all aspects of material handling, with primary responsibility of loading outbound trucks and shuttling trucks between yards and staging areas. Drives a tractor with one or more trailers (18-wheel) on public streets or highways to transport materials and merchandise. May load or unload truck using forklift, Moffett and Skytrak equipment. Responsible for securing the load using approved devices and methods. Requires a valid Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a gas or electric powered forklift truck or hand-truck to move, stack, load, or unload materials in and about the facility, warehouse, yard, staging area, etc.
- Move materials from one location to another.
- Load and unload trucks and train cars and move material within the warehouse and yards.
- Assist with stocking of materials within warehouse.
- Greet customers and assist them with their product pick up
- Use banding and shrink wrap machines, additional packaging may be required
- Pull orders together and assemble them for shipment to customers or distribution centers
- Gathering or distributing product or materials within the warehouse or yard
- Workers may use bar code readers, computer terminals or other electronic devices to track product.
- General knowledge on all of Zeeland Lumber’s products and WMS/ERP systems
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Ability to follow basic written and verbal instructions, such as bills of materials and shipping documents, or equivalent. Ability to read shipping documents.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Commitment to company values.
Education / Training / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Powered Industrial Truck (Forklift) Certificate.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Reporting to this Position: Loaders
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Personal characteristics/behavior that contribute to the ability to do your job well:
- Respect for employees, customers, vendors and management.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the President reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.