Location: Zeeland, MI – Elkhart, IN – Mishawaka, IN
We are currently recruiting for CDL-A Delivery Drivers at multiple locations. Due to the high demand for CDL-A drivers, Zeeland Lumber has decided to offer a retention bonus to the CDL-A delivery driver of $1,000.
Job Title: Driver III FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Delivery Reports to: Dispatch
Summary: CDL-A Delivery drivers drive a tractor with one or more trailers (18-wheel) on public streets or highways to transport materials and merchandise. May load or unload truck using Moffett and Skytrak equipment. Drivers are responsible for securing the load using approved devices and methods. Requires a valid Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move materials from one location to another.
- Delivery of materials to customers.
- Pick up materials from customers as required.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Ability to read shipping documents.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Commitment to company values.
Education / Training / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Reporting to this Position: No direct Reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the President reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.