Location: Waterford, MI
Job Title: Estimator / Sales Specialist FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Department: Waterford Showroom Reports to: Branch Manager
The Estimator / Sales Specialist is responsible to accurately estimate projects for a variety of customers. Also responsible for training, development, and support of staff as it relates to estimating services. By selling solutions, value and service, this person will grow professional relationships with customers, and communicate company vision, products, and services to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training/educating employees in estimating and building practices as required
- Provide accurate building material take-off, estimating, value engineering and providing solutions to customers building multi-family, hotel, assisted living facility, and/or similar structures
- Provide accurate building material take-off, estimating, value engineering and providing solutions to homeowner, contractor and/or house accounts as required
- Organize proposals and present to customers.
- Provide engineering support and solutions for all staff and walk-in customers
- Assist Business Development Manager with new and existing customers.
- Network with internal departments to actively promote, provide quotes, and present to customers. This would include trusses, windows, doors, trim, roofing, siding, ZCS, etc.
- Commit to continual education and training on product and sales development.
- Follow up on potential projects and provide feedback as necessary.
- Comply with company policies as it relates to procedures, reporting.
- Help resolve problems and conflict with sales manager and appropriate personnel in a timely fashion for customer satisfaction.
- Accurately enter quotes and orders with all information needed to ensure successful interaction with operations.
- Fulfill special order and purchase order requirements as ordering.
- Set up deliveries and generally attend to the daily needs of customers.
- Perform job with utmost professionalism and respect to the customer, vendor, while assuring that the best interests of the company are being met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in a safe manner.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Product knowledge, building industry knowledge, and ability to perform material take-off on projects.
- Technologically literate.
- Ability to learn and grow as industry changes.
- Excellent listening skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to strive to succeed no matter what obstacles may come.
- Positive attitude
Education / Training / Experience
- Bachelor Degree in related field is preferred
- Five years’ experience in Estimating/Sales or related field
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the Outside Sales Manager reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time.