Location: Wyoming, MI
Job Title: General Manager – Wyoming Facility
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Zeeland Truss & Components
Reports to: Regional Vice President and Director of Operations – ZTC
The General Manager would be responsible for profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives, setting goals and action plans to achieve results. This person is fully responsible for the Profit & Loss statements performance for Zeeland Truss & Components.
This person will be fully responsible for the financial results of assigned operation by recruiting and managing an effective and productive team consistent with the Company’s core values, by establishing specific business objectives for the operation consistent with market and company-wide goals, and by focusing efforts on achieving, if not exceeding, the strategic plans and budgets established for the assigned operation. To direct their efforts to support the goals and strategy established for the region and company-wide.
Specific Job Duties:
- To recruit, hire, and train an effective and productive team to produce trusses and wall panels in the most efficient and safe manner possible to meet customer needs.
- To be a “Safety Leader” within your organization, implementing and managing inspections, local safety committees, and other steps necessary to provide a safe work environment and one in which there is strong compliance with safety policies and regulations.
- Lead and manage design team for effective truss and wall panel component designs that meet the customer needs as well as production efficiency.
- Lead and manage the scheduling team for on-time deliveries, capacity planning, and effective communications to internal and external customers.
- Working with production management, establish the most productive work flow, work process, and production schedule to meet production schedules while keeping labor and plant supply costs at or below budget.
- To always be working to find ways to increase efficiency.
- To maintain effective and favorable relations with commodity purchasing to ensure sufficient supply of materials.
- To become fully versed in financial and production metrics and to use those tools to increase the efficiency and profitability of your assigned operation.
- Work effectively with strategic partner(s) to handle overflow challenges.
- To take steps necessary to support the continuing education of all employees.
- To establish and maintain an operation that strives to be a preferred employer, one in which there are good employee relations, and one free of employment related complaints or litigation.
- To provide the reports and information needed to help Sales properly price jobs.
- To build positive relationships with Outside Sales and Customers.
- To build a “Customer Friendly” design team that maintains favorable relationships with Outside Sales and Customers.
- To be a good custodian of the plant facilities, equipment, and rolling stock entrusted to you and to take steps to ensure all company assets are protected and maintained.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong sales aptitude, with problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the building product industry, with a wide scope of knowledge in regards to our product groups.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years management experience
- Strong roof truss design knowledge, truss software experience a plus. Candidate must also have a manufacturing background from a management standpoint and a willingness to do what it takes to be successful. Experience with Profit and Loss statements, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management