Location: Elkhart/Mishawaka, IN
Job Title: Human Resource Manager FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Department: Human Resources Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Summary: The Human Resource Manager provides support for the Northern Indiana branches. Human Resources Manager administers policies, recommends and implements approved programs designed to protect company and team member interests in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations. Areas of involvement include employment, compensation, benefits, payroll, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, training, recruitment and safety, plus additional responsibilities as assigned from time-to-time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the latest knowledge base of Human Resources legal issues and ensure the organization’s adherence to all relevant employment laws/practices.
- Provide guidance and input on Northern Indiana restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and implements plans and programs to identify candidates. Perform all functions of recruiting process.
- Coordinate with direct supervisors and managers in regards to timely and accurate completion of performance evaluations
- Proactively coach team members and managers to support a high performing team environment.
- Maintain accurate and timely records administration for Northern Indiana including but not limited to workers’ compensation, risk management, safety, wellness, benefit and unemployment claims
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Performs payroll and time/attendance administration by maintaining HRIS records and compiles reports from ADP database as needed.
- Performs filing, mail distribution, making photocopies, scanning, faxing documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Collaborate with extended HR team on various research projects, community involvement, and/or special projects.
- Performs job with utmost professionalism and respect to the customer and employees, while assuring that the best interests of the company are being met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Advanced computer proficiency.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Positive attitude, dependable and adaptable
Education / Training / Experience
- Five (5) years of Human Resource experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management preferred
- Senior level certification preferred (SPHR/SHRM-SCP).
- ADP software knowledge preferred
Reporting to this Position: No direct reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the Director of Human Resources reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.