Location: Zeeland, MI
Job Title: Inside Sales/Customer Care FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Sales Reports to: Inside Sales Manager
Summary: Inside Sales Rep is responsible for serving Zeeland Lumber’s customers in an engaging way. Its purpose is to promote, price, and sell building products to existing and new clients. It will include meeting with walk-in customers, talking with phone-in customers, and occasional job-site visits. Participate and contribute to company goals and strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers as they enter our office/showroom
- Writing up walk-in and phone-in customers’ orders
- Assisting customers with pricing, product and delivery status information
- Engaging in customers’ projects
- Asking questions to qualify customer needs
- Returning project quotes in a timely manner (based on customer need)
- Following up on possible orders
- Continual responsibility of being a cooperative resource to customers and fellow employees
- Pricing responsibility on special order products—gross margin accountability
- Working knowledge and everyday use of technology including but not limited to email, phones, internet, MS Word, MS Excel, bisTrack, WMS, & ADP
- Showroom procedures
- Pulling lockset orders / re-keying
- Cycle counts for inventory
- General knowledge on all of Zeeland Lumber’s products
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Leadership and organizational abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Ability to solve problems
Personal characteristics/behavior that contribute to the ability to do your job well:
- Respect for employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Respect for the Organization and its information
- Willingness to serve the customer
- Teamwork mentality
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a cooperative manner with customers, co-workers, vendors & management.
Education / Training / Experience
- High School degree a minimum
- Experience in the Building Industry
- Working knowledge on deliveries and wood-shop operations
- Heart for the customer and their needs.
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Most of the job will be performed within the office environment, specifically at the front desk and on the showroom floor. There will be occasional need to go to the warehouse and actual job-sites.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the Inside Sales Manager reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.