Location: Waterford, MI
Outside Sales Rep is responsible to sell, service, and secure the entire customer list as assigned, and prospect proactively to add new customers into account base. By selling solutions, value and service, this person will grow professional relationships with customers, and communicate company vision, products, and services to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate building material take-off for customer projects, organize proposal and present to customers.
- Network with internal departments to actively promote, provide quotes, and present to customers. This would include trusses, windows, doors, trim, roofing, siding, ZCS, etc.
- Commit to continual education and training on product and sales development.
- Follow up on potential projects and provide feedback as necessary.
- Comply with company policies as it relates to procedures, reporting. Including monthly sales forecast
- Have an organized list of prospects and a plan to present a solution selling approach to develop new customers into account base.
- Help resolve problems and conflict with sales manager and appropriate personnel in a timely fashion for customer satisfaction.
- General maintenance of account base to ensure needs are met or exceeded.
- Accurately enter quotes and orders with all information needed to ensure successful interaction with operations.
- Fulfill special order and purchase order requirements as ordering.
- Set up deliveries, make jobsite visits, and generally attend to the daily needs of customers.
- Perform small jobsite deliveries when necessary.
- Perform job with utmost professionalism and respect to the customer, vendor, while assuring that the best interests of the company are being met.
- Attend HBA events or other sales and networking events as necessary or assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reach sales goals as set by management
- Develop customer base necessary to meet all sales forecasts and Budgets through prospecting for new business, maintaining existing accounts, and selling more product line to existing customers.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Product knowledge, building industry knowledge, and ability to perform material take-off on projects.
- Technologically literate.
- Ability to learn and grow as industry changes.
- Excellent listening skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to strive to succeed no matter what obstacles may come.
- Excellent driving record
- Positive attitude
- Self motivation
Education / Training / Experience
- Bachelor Degree in related field is preferred
- Five years’ experience in Sales or related field
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the Director of Sales reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time.