Location: Mishawaka, IN
Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Department: Business Unit Reports to: Branch Manager
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative support in a lumber operation, truss plant, or wall-panel plant in two or three functional areas such as human resources & safety, credit, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with corporate Human Resources, places job ads, performs initial screening interviews with applicants, provides information about applicants to operations management or supervision and assists in scheduling additional interviews as appropriate.
- Assists management with the running of background checks and MVR on applicants as directed by management.
- Performs reference checks on applicants
- Assists management in the onboarding process of the employees. This includes completion of new-hire paperwork, submission of new-hire packet to corporate human resources, assisting employees with enrollment in benefits, etc.
- Assists management in the record keeping and form submission requirements for on-the-job injuries and vehicular accidents.
- Assists in maintaining documentation of training completed.
- Assists in accounts receivable responsibilities as directed by management, and in coordination with corporate credit & collections. This may include depositing cash, assisting in the efforts to obtain credit applications from prospective customers, etc.
- Assist manager with the compilation of data and reports as necessary and appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in a safe manner.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A minimum of three years of successful work performing administrative duties.
- Strong experience with Word and Excel.
- Must be highly organized
- Must be highly attentive to details
- Must have the ability to maintain very favorable relations with management, employees, and applicants.
- Must be able to learn how to effectively interview applicants and to use good discernment as to whether they could make a good employee.
- Must be able to be precise and consistent in all communications.
- Must accept and demonstrate the core values of Zeeland Lumber & Supply Company.
- Excellent time management including but not limited to excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, manage multiple priorities, work logically and systematically, etc.
- Working knowledge and everyday use of technology including but not limited to email, phones, internet, MS Word, MS Excel, BisTrack, WMS, & ADP
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change.
- Positive attitude to continued learning and continual improvement.
Education / Training / Experience
- Technical studies/school certification
- Experience of minimum 2 years in related field.
- Prior experience with employment agencies or with human resources work will be a plus but is not required.
- Prior experience with collections will be a plus but is not required.
- Product & building industry knowledge will be a plus but is not required.
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the CFO reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time.