Location: Waterford, MI
Job Title: Window/Door Sales/Customer Service FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Department: Window / Exterior Door Reports to: Branch Manager
Summary: Window and Exterior Door Sales Reps are responsible for serving Zeeland Lumber’s customers. Its purpose is to promote, price, and sell windows, exterior doors, and other building products to existing and new clients. It will include meeting with walk-in customers, talking with phone-in customers, and occasional job-site visits. Participate and contribute to company goals and strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers as they enter our office/showroom
- Writing up / quoting walk-in and phone-in customers’ orders
- Assisting customers with pricing, product and delivery status information
- Engaging in customers’ projects
- Asking questions to qualify customer needs
- Window & exterior door quoting using blue-prints or other information given by customers
- Identify product brand and specs. with customers
- Returning project quotes in a timely manner (based on customer need)
- Following up on customer requests and possible orders
- Continual responsibility of being a cooperative resource to customers and fellow employees
- Pricing responsibility on special order products—gross margin accountability
- Working knowledge and everyday use of technology including but not limited to email, phones, internet, MS Word, MS Excel, BisTrack, WMS, & ADP
- General knowledge on all of Zeeland Lumber’s products
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in a safe manner.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Leadership and organizational abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to build and motivate teams.
Personal characteristics/behavior that contribute to the ability to do your job well:
- Respect for employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Respect for the Organization and its information
- Willingness to serve the customer
- Teamwork mentality
Education / Training / Experience
- High School degree a minimum
- Experience in the Building Industry
- Working knowledge of blueprint takeoffs for windows and exterior doors
- Heart for the customer and their needs.
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Most of the job will be performed within the office environment, specifically at a desk and on the showroom floor. There will be occasional need to go to the warehouse and actual job-sites for deliveries or customer sales calls.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the Department Manager reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.